Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

1998 saturn lw2: i replaced my spark plug wires..ignition coil

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Saturn sw2 and i replaced my spark plug wires. I think i mixed up the placement on ignition coil. would someone know the wire placement or order? Michael
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.
Yes, from left to right (while you are standing in front of the car) it goes: 4 1 2 3.
I will try and give you a picture. You can check this link:
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I believe that worked. My car started but the "service engine soon" light is staying on. When i was replacing the sparkplugs and wire i also replaced the valve cover gasket and a little oil that was leaking went into the cylinder. someone told me that it would burn up and not cause a problem. Any ideas as to what caused the light to come on?
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.
If it runs good now, then the service engine light is on because the PCM picked up the miss and has stored it in the memory.
All you would have to do is get it cleared out at any autozone or advance auto parts.

Let me know if you need anything, I'll be here.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Happy..well, you know. (lol)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Super mechanic's Post: Thanks for all your help. A simple answer to something that was taking to much of my time. I had Checker clear the problem and all is well. Thanks again
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.
Ok. Take care.