roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty

Plymouth..ignition coil, resistor, and checked all the wires..harness

I am restoring a 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook, and it won''t turn over. Have replaced the battery, ignition coil, resistor, and checked all the wires on the harness. Still it will not turn over.
Hello,Are you saying it will turn over but wont start?Roger
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to roger's Post: Yes, turns over, won't start.
Have you replaced points and cond?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Getting new points and condenser now. (It's gotta be one or the other)

holly,Since you restoring you would be better off going ahead and do a full tune up,plugs,wires,cap,rotor etc to eliminate problems down the road.Set your points between .015 and.018 and if you are running a twelve volt system make sure you have voltage to positve side of coil and the negative going to the points and cond.Hope that helps.Thanks for your question.Roger
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Roger! Points and condenser did the trick. The beast turned over and started 5 times in a row. Thank you for saving my sanity. Will name first child after you. :)
I am glad it worked out!We dont have enough rogers in the world.Thanks again for using just answers.Roger