TheMasterTechSource, Senior Automotive Consultant
Experience:  ASE Master-37 YRS- Master Certified Tech and a Fixed Operations Specialist

2001 Ford expedition: 000 miles..sits..drained..the voltage

Customer Question

2001 Ford Expidition has new battery, with 134,000 miles . I have owned this vehicle since new. The problem is when the vehicle sits for a day the battery is drained, when the voltage on the battery is up radio comes on with no one in the vehicle. The parking lights come on and stay on. What could be the cause?
Category: Car
Expert:  TheMasterTechSource replied 8 years ago.

Some things that can be an issue --but, that do need to be tested professionally are --the ignition switch --and BCM ( Body Control Module) you can with the key off attach a amp meter to the battery and test for draws on the system--if there are any you can pull 1 fuse at a time until the draw stops--then at least you will know what circuit the draw is coming from --but a specialist will still be a good idea--Thanks

Please--If my Answer has helped in any way shape or form then, please click the green ACCEPT button, This is the only way I am paid for assisting you. A Bonus payment is always greatly appreciated also and a fine token of your appreciation as well... -- -Please leave positive feedback-- Now--so I may return the gesture and leave YOU Positive FEEDBACK in return!