roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty

gmc: cold pops..New fuel reg as of this nov, new fuel pump

Customer Question

cold start with a gmc 8.1 when temp under 10f takes two to three trys before it pops? New fuel reg as of this nov, new fuel pump as of last winter and new fuel fiter with that new gel battery last year.
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,Does it crank over slow?What weight oil are you using?Roger
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no,cranks over st same speed if not slower after cranking.
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Well in colder climate the weight of oil factors in.You should use a 5w /30 .Another problem is the temp sensor not reading correctly sending a false signal to computer for it to run rich or lean.I suspect it is running to lean on a cold start.But if your oil is too thick it can act the same way.If you are using that weight of oil then go with temp sensor in the intake manifold.thanks for your question.roger