Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic

96 Pontiac Sunfire: I find the parking brake negative wire..2.4L

Customer Question

Where can I find the parking brake negative wire for a 96 Pontiac Sunfire 2.4L ? I need to access this to install a new radio/dvd player.
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 8 years ago.

I can supply the exterior wiring for you, i'm a bit confused about why you need the park/neg pin out?

Is this an automatic or manual transmission?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: I need this information because the new in dash dvd player needs to be connected to this wire in order to play.

I guess it's some sort of safety feature to ensure you don't watch a movie while driving.

If i don't connect this lead out the player will not work or power on.

Here is the radio circuit, which may or may not be involved, check it out, and i'll see if there is another input you can use,,,,,,i never heard of the park brake thing,,,

If you want the park brake circuit,,i'll sure send it to ya,,,,i just cant quite figure it into the DVD palyer :-)

Let me know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is a 5 speed manual transmission. I don't need the radio wiring diagram as I have already completed that.

This is some sort of new in dash I can scan the manual and let you read it for yourself.

I do need the parking brake wire diagram or where it
is located in the dash bundle.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have figured a workaround. All you need to do is connect this parking brake wire to a ground.

That should be a piece of cake thank you for the wiring diagram I can use it to help me with some other electrical issues later.

My pleasure!

Thanks for asking!