roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

afraid to pay for them to troubleshoot..replaced Thermostat

Customer Question

OK still need help. This is quite baffling and I am afraid to pay for them to troubleshoot.
Just replaced Thermostat again, just in case the other one was bad.

So..
-New Thermostat
-New heater control valve
-Heater core has been blown out
-New heat switch in cab (blue to red dial, replaced the switch behind dial)

Blower works fine and in all postions.
Don't think it is the accuator door because when turning the dial(blue to red) you can hear the door opening/closing. AND you can feel the difference in the air temp from cool to ice cold.

I have NO leakage, NO antifreeze smell, NO condensation/frost on inside windows when cold or maild/rainy.

Just have NO heat at all coming out.

Is it possible that there is a sensor gone? And if so, any idea which one and where it would be located?
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,When car gets to temp,turn heater control to hot follow hoses from control valve to heater core.Are the hoses hot after the control valve?If not look at control valve to make sure it is opening either by manual cable or if electric make sure it has voltage,or vacuum hoses.If it is hot after look at your heater core still being stopped up.If hoses are still cold before control valve possible water pump or passages stopped up.Hope this helps.thanks for your question.Roger