Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.
3862310

tachometer and speedometer jeep grand cherokee 99 not working

No Comment Added

Hi There.

Description: A condition may exist where the speedometer or tachometer may be inoperative due to gauge needle being wrapped around the wrong side of the stop peg.

Details: This can happen in situations where low battery voltage is present such as jump starting a dead battery. The instrument cluster can cut out if voltage drops below 9.5 volts, causing the needle to drop on the wrong side of the gauge.

1. With the ignition switch in the off position, depress and hold the odometer-reset button.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the run position, continue holding the odometer reset button until the cluster needles start to move, then release the reset-button. (Do not allow the ignition switch to enter the start position) The gauge needles will sweep in both directions and come to rest in the correct position relative to the stop peg.

LET me know if this did not work, we can investigate further.

Thank You! please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!