Perry
Perry, general mechanic
Experience:  20+ years in general automotive maintenance

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora: what is the belt routing directions

Customer Question

what is the belt routing directions for 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora-if possible email the picture also but need the directions bad..
Category: Car
Expert:  Perry replied 6 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer! I believe I have the diagram you requested.

graphic

graphic

TO REMOVE:

1. Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.

2. Remove the drive belt tension by lifting or rotating the drive belt tensioner off of the drive belt, using a 3/8-inch or 1/2-inch breaker bar.

3. Remove the drive belt.

4.Inspect all the components and pulleys driven by the drive belt.

TO INSTALL:

1. Install the drive belt under the drive belt tensioner pulley by lifting or rotating the drive belt tensioner, using a 3/8-inch or 1/2-inch breaker bar.

2. Inspect the drive belt and the drive belt system.

3. Make sure that the drive belt is properly routed.

4. Inspect the drive belt length scale on the drive belt tensioner for the proper installed length.

5. Reconnect the negative battery cable and reinstall the rear seat cushion.

If you have any questions in reference to this, please let me know. If this answer has helped you resolve your issue, please click accept. If not, please let me know and I will do my best to help you resolve it. Feedback is always welcome! Thanks!

Perry, general mechanic
Experience: 20+ years in general automotive maintenance
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Perry's Post: I looked on the engine and it says a 3.5 and everyone says its a Cadillac northstar engine and not oldsmobile.
Expert:  Perry replied 6 years ago.
I found the correct diagrams in the manual for it. I was looking under the wrong car originally. The diagrams I gave you earlier are for your car. If you have any further questions, just let me know. Thanks!