FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Sputters..misses..hill or if I press down on the accelerator

Customer Question

my car sputters and misses when going up hill or if I press down on the accelerator at anything more than a very gradual rate. I think it might be the fuel sensor. I''ve tried adjusting it but haven''t had success. my garage checked it out but I don''t know if the problem would have shown up on the computer if the car wasn''t pulling a load. they agreed that it was running poorly and I know they checked fuel pump, fuel filter. fuel pressure. thanks rachella devine
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomer what kind of vehicle is this?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to BOBBY's Post: BOBBY THANKS FOR READING MY POST AND RESPONDING TO IT. I HAVE A 95 SUZUKI SIDEKICK THANKS RACHELLA DEVINE
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 years ago.
Does the check engine light happen to come on when this happens? How many miles are on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to BOBBY's Post: DEAR BOBBY, THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME SO S00N. THERE'S ABOUT 75000 ON THE ENGINE . AS FOR THE CJHECK ENGINE LIGHT, IT'S BEEN ON FOR AT LEAST FOUR YEARS. I JUST HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO AFFORD GETTING THE EMISSION CONTROL PART AND UNFORTUNATELY, I CAN GET AWAY WITH THAT IN MONTANA..
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 years ago.
It sounds like you ignition timing may just be off. DO you know when the last time was that you had a tune up or had the timing adjusted?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to BOBBY's Post: BOBBY I CALLED THE GARAGE WHERE THEY CHECKED OUT THE CAR AND THEY SAY THAT THEY ADJUSTED THE TIMING. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS? THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER. IF YOU CAN'T HELP ME I;'LL PAY YOU FOR THE TIME YOU'VE SPENT ANY WAY. THANKS, RACHELLA
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
BOBBY, I JUST REMITTED A PAYMENT TO YOU. THANKS SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP ME. IF YOU COME UP WITH ANY OTHER IDEAS WOULD YOU LET ME KNOW? THANKS AGAIN, TACHELLA
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 years ago.
Is there any way you can find out what the fuel pressure reading was for me?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
BOBBY, I WILL CALL IN THE MORNING AND FIND OUT. THANK YOU AGAIN RACHELLA
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 years ago.
Okay. Let me know what they tell you.