Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION

Where is the thermostat on a 95 Cadillac Eldorado ...

Where is the thermostat on a 95 Cadillac Eldorado located and how do you change it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.

Here is what I have got as far as replacing it.

• Drain the coolant to a level below the thermostat housing.
  • Remove the headlamp cover panel.
  • Remove the air cleaner assembly.
  • Remove radiaor hose.
    Object Number: 69948  Size: SH

• Remove the 2 bolts securing the thermostat housing to the coolant pump inlet.
    Object Number: 69947  Size: SH

• Remove the thermostat and the o-ring from the thermostat housing.
  • Object Number: 69947  Size: SH

• Install the thermostat and the new o-ring into the coolant pump housing.
  • Install the thermostat housing.
    Object Number: 69948  Size: SH

• Install the 2 thermostat housing bolts.

Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 10 N·m (89 lb in).

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

• Install the radiator hose.
  • Install the air cleaner assembly.
  • Install the headlamp cover panel.
  • Refill the coolant.
  • As far as its location, it is in the water pump cover in the rear side of the engine near the throttle body. Here is an illustration, note the water pump belt in the back ground. If you follow the upper radiator hose you will come to it. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

graphic

Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
    Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION