Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!
5624692

i have a 2004 gmc sierra 2500 not hd 6.0 with p0332 and ...

i have a 2004 gmc sierra 2500 not hd 6.0 with p0332 and c0035 for dtc's can you help me out thnks

C0035 refers to the driver side front wheel speed sensor circuit. First disconnect the connector and measure the resistance of the sensor. It should read 700-10,000 ohms. If not, then replace the sensor. If it does, the set your meter to measure AC voltage and measure the sensor while spinning the wheel by hand it should be greater than 100mv. If not you should remove the sensor and clean the mounting point on the knuckle. If there is rust buildup it will make the gap between the sensor and the signal ring too far. When this happens, the sensor can not read the wheel speed.

P0332 refers to the rear knock sensor circuit.

Circuit Description

The knock sensor (KS) system enables the powertrain control module (PCM) to control the ignition timing for the best possible performance while protecting the engine from potentially damaging levels of detonation. The system uses two KS located under the intake manifold. KS 1 is located at the front of the engine. KS 2 is located at the back of the engine. Each KS produces an AC voltage that varies depending on the vibration level during engine operation. The PCM adjusts the spark timing based on the amplitude and frequency of the KS signal. The PCM receives a signal from each KS through a signal circuit. The KS ground is supplied by the engine block through the sensor housing. The PCM uses each KS signal to calculate an average voltage range value. If the KS system is operating normally, the PCM should monitor the KS voltage varying above and below the voltage range. If the PCM detects the KS signal voltage within the voltage range, or the KS signal is not present, a DTC will set

1. Remove the left engine sight shield.
  2. Disconnect the knock sensor (KS) jumper harness connector located on the left side of the intake manifold.
  3. Set the DMM to the 400 K-ohm scale.
  4. Measure the resistance from the affected KS signal circuit on the sensor side of the KS jumper harness connector to a good ground with the DMM.

Is the resistance within the specified range? (93-107K Ohms)

If not you'll have to remove the intake manifold to inspect the knock sensor wiring. the sensors are down inside the engine under some rubber covers. I have seen several of these sensors get water in through the rubber cover and damage the sensor.

Object Number: 832149  Size: SH

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
what if the knock sensor test good?

Then we will need to test the knock sensor response to a knock that you will generate yourself. The depending on those results the wiring to the PCM will need to be checked.

Ultimately depending on the test results each step you are looking at a wiring problem, a faulty knock sensor or a faulty PCM. So far I haven't personally seen a bad PCM be the cause of the code, but I have seen several failed knock sensors.