FixItMan, Master Technician

2007 PT Cruiser: airbag light goes..front

2007 PT Cruiser: airbag light goes on when front passenger seatbelt buckled and seat is empty. System fault or working as designed?
HelloCustomer this is normal operation. The system is just confused. It does this because it knows the seat belt is hooked up but it does not know why it cannot detect a person sitting in the seat. There is a sensor in the seat to detect the weight of a passenger. Since it cannot detect one it turns on the light.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
That makes sense. Do you know how much weight it needs to be not confused? Since it's normal operation, is there any reason to keep the appointment with the dealer?
It only takes a few pounds. It will usually detect even an empty baby carrier. I would not worry about taking it to the dealer. It is not going to hurt anything to run it this way.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks, Bobby! You've been very helpful and saved me a lot of time. I will use this service again and recommend it to my friends. A great VALUE!

Thanks again.