Kyle N.
Kyle N., ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master tech, L1, CA. Smog License,

I tell if someone has installed a gps system in or on my car?

How can I tell if someone has installed a GPS system in or on my car? What do I look for?

Do you mean an anti-theft system that uses GPS?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Kyle Northrop's Post: No, I just want to know if someone has without my prmission installed a GPS tracking system in or on my car and how to I look for it or find it?

Hi again,

Those type of devices are hidden under the plastic trim usually in the rear of the vehicle. Most have a backup battery in case the battery is disconnected. At our dealership we install lojack and it's always in the back of the vehicle. I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Kyle Northrop's Post: Thanks Kyle,

Should I take it to the dealership for them to look for it? Or is it easy for my husband to find it? What does it look like? Could it be hooked into the antinia. I once in a while hear a wierd sound when I stop and start my car.That's what made me think about the possibility of a GPS system being installed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Kyle, thanks for your answer. I have another question. Do I take my car to the honda dealership to have them check if this devise had been installed in or on my car?or can my husband look and find it. Could it be hooked up to the ateina of the car? How do we find it?

If it's installed on your CRV it should have an antenna. Sometimes it's just a long wire that's tucked under the headliner.