Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

why does my engine skip and sputter and my engine light ...

why does my engine skip and sputter and my engine light come on when i turn on my air conditioner in my jeep liberty. it gets much worse when i idle.
it goes back off after i drive a while with the air off
Ok your engine is definately misfiring most likely its a fuel injector which is very common on these cars need to see what exact code is stored to pinpoint
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Cardoctor74's Post: WHY DOES IT ONLY HAPPEN WHEN I RUN MY AIR CONDITIONER? I HAD PROBLEMS LAST SUMMER AND WHEN COLD WEATHER CAME IT STOPPED. THEN THIS SUMMER IT STARTED AGAIN
Because when the air conditioner is on the engine works harder and when the engine is under a load the missfire is more noticeable also if the ac is overcharged this will cause this probelm so check that also