32dmadden
32dmadden, Auto Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified Master Technician, L-1 37 yrs. Auto Repair Experience
1361311

How to replace front rotors on a 2002 Chrysler Sebring lx

No Comment Added
First jack the car up safely. Always use jack stands. Remove the front wheels. Then remove the caliper from the caliper bracket. Those are the bolts that I numbered 2. Remove the caliper and support it with a wire or close hanger. Than remove the caliper bracket by removing the bolts numbered 1. Then remove the rotor. Let me know if you need more help.graphic
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Are the tools required special tools. I have replaced brake pads before but does this job require additional tools to remove the rotor and reinstall?
No it does not. All you will need are the basic sockets or wrenches to remove the bolts that hold the caliper on. Once that is out of the way the rotor will pull off the wheel studs. Sometimes rust will hold on to them. Take a hammer and give the part that is by the wheel studs on the rotor a good rap. That will break it loose. Sometimes there are keepers on two of the studs that keep it from coming off. They are put there on the assembly line to keep them from falling off before it gets to the next station. You don't need to replace them. Just take some dykes and cut them off. I'll be here if you need me.