Jaxer Smith
Jaxer Smith, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 yrs experience and currently own and operate an Auto Repair Center

1998 acura: the seat forward to get in back seat now it will not move

Customer Question

my 1998 acura seat stopped working. I moved the seat forward to get in back seat now it will not move back. It will go up and down and it sounds like it's trying to go forward but nothing when I try to put in back in my driving position.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jaxer Smith replied 9 years ago.
Only way to move it would be to remove the motor and then slide the seat to where you want it and then reattach the motor. If you are going to go through all of this , you might as well fix it by either replacing the motor, repairing the broken wire or switch. ( fuses are good or it wouldn't move up and down. Most common failure is the motor.