DoctorD, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, AAA State 1st place, Rotary Club, 20 years Exp.

2002 Cadillac Deville: this morning and everything was working normal

Customer Question

My 2002 Cadillac Deville will not start this morning and everything was working normal yesterday. What is the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
Do you have any security lights on? Do you have the ability to test for voltage using a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
All of the security lights are off and I do not have the ability to test the voltage using a voltmeter.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
You are going to need to make sure that there is 12 volts in the battery. That is the first step. There is no way around it and this is extremely important in the cadillacs with all of the voltage draws that they have. We need to start checking for voltages, but without a voltmeter there is not much I can tell you. I will opt out and see if there is any other experts that can assist you. I think you will find that they will all need to see voltage meter tests.
Expert:  DoctorD replied 9 years ago.
Hi There,
What is the age of your battery you have in there?