TheMasterTechSource
TheMasterTechSource, Senior Automotive Consultant
Experience:  ASE Master-37 YRS- Master Certified Tech and a Fixed Operations Specialist
102323

what is the normal operating coolant temperature and the ...

Customer Question

what is the normal operating coolant temperature and the overheat temperature for a 1999 DeVille cadillac with a northstar engine?
Category: Car
Expert:  TheMasterTechSource replied 9 years ago.

Normal operating Temperature is from 195F to 235F and then coolant fans should be on

Anything above 260F is dangerous and overheat condition..

Never attempt to open the coolant system while in operating or overheat temps--wait till it cools down to ambient tempsWink

Thanks

Please--If my Answer has helped in any way shape or form then, please click the green ACCEPT button, This is the only way I am paid for assisting you. A Bonus payment is always greatly appreciated also and a fine token of your appreciation as well... The average service inspection costs from $65.00 to $125.00:-) Thanks so much for you kind thoughts. --Please---Please leave positive feedback-- Now--so I may return the gesture and leave YOU Positive FEEDBACK in return!Smile