Jaxer Smith
Jaxer Smith, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 yrs experience and currently own and operate an Auto Repair Center
4387830

2001 hyundai XG300: R&R the R/outer frt axle shaft...pass inspection

I have 2001 hyundai XG300. I need to R&R the R/outer frt axle shaft. I need to know the steps & procedures to do this Job.....Thanks ( I'm sorry for the low offer....I have to spen quite a lot to pass inspection)
Category: Car
Expert:  Jaxer Smith replied 7 years ago.

Halfshaft

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

All Models Except XG 300
Fig. 1: Halfshaft components-except V6 Sonata

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
  2. Remove or disconnect the following:
    • Front wheel
    • Spindle nut
    • Wheel speed sensor, if equipped
    • Outer tie rod end
    • Stabilizer bar link
    • Lower ball joint
  3. Press the stub shaft out of the hub.
  4. Pry the inner joint out of the transaxle or intermediate shaft.

To install:

NOTE: Use new circlips, split pins and self-locking nuts for assembly.

5. Install the inner joint so that the circlip is felt to seat in the retaining groove.
  6. Guide the stub shaft into the hub.
  7. Install or connect the following:
    • Lower ball joint and torque the nut to 43-52 ft. lbs. (58-70 Nm)
    • Stabilizer bar link
    • Outer tie rod end and torque the nut to 17-25 ft. lbs. (23-34 Nm)
    • Wheel speed sensor, if equipped
    • Spindle nut and torque the nut to 144-187 ft. lbs. (195-253 Nm)
    • Front wheel
  8. Check and/or adjust the wheel alignment.
    Fig. 2: Halfshaft components-V6 Sonata

XG 300
  2. Drain the transaxle fluid.
  3. Remove or disconnect the following:
    • Front wheel
    • Split pin and halfshaft nut
    • Ball joint from the steering knuckle
    • Halfshaft from the axle hub
  4. Install a pry bar between the center bearing bracket and the halfshaft and pry the halfshaft from the transaxle.
  5. Remove the center bearing bracket bolts and install a pry bar between bracket and the engine and disconnect the bracket from the engine.
  6. Remove the inner shaft from the transaxle.

To install:

7. Install or connect the following:
    • Inner halfshaft to the transaxle
    • Center bearing bracket and torque the bolt to 36 ft. lbs. (50 Nm)
    • Halfshaft to the axle hub
    • Ball joint to the steering knuckle and torque 88 ft. lbs. (110 Nm)
    • Split pin and halfshaft nut and torque the nut to 206 ft. lbs. (280 Nm)
    • Front wheel
  8. Fill the transaxle fluid to the proper level.
  9. Check and/or adjust the wheel alignment.
Jaxer Smith, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 17 yrs experience and currently own and operate an Auto Repair Center
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
pLEASE DISREGARD 2ND QUESTION.....THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Your welcome.