Paul, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  30 years Master Technician, Instructor,Shop Owner,Expert Advisor,Fleet Supervisor,Reserch

2001 cadillac: torque converter..a transmission oil change..awhile

cost to change torque converter on 2001 cadillac dhs? what type maintenance shop should I use? Could a transmission oil change solve the problem for awhile?

Morning, do you have a transmission leak coming from the front of transmission,between engine, and trans? Sorry I meant to hit the need info button, but hit the answer button.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
There are no leaks and no performance problems noted at this point. I'm want to delay changing torque converter if oil change will cause light to go out for now, then search for a less expensive route than dealer to change TC system. They gave me a price a little over $3,000 at dealer.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
internet is glitchy this morning on my end. Not sure my reply is getting through. I'll stand by for about 15 minutes. . . .
The torque converter can be replaced at a transmission shop, the dealer has a list price of $469, for the part the labor time is 9.4 hours times the labor rate. Add fluid 10 quarts. High price $1072.48, a transmission shop may be less.Not knowing why you are changing the converter,there may be another problem,such as front pump, or front bushing.If you have another question I will be on line for 30 minutes more. Will return at noon. POST ADITIONAL The code 741,refers to the Torque Converter stuck off or on, this can be an electrical part,and no need to remove the converter,if the transmission is shifting good,have it scanned at a transmission shop for a second opinion.Please remember to click accept,thank you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
paul - are you seeing my replies?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Sorry - I did not see your response. I will hit accet now. Thanks for the assist!!!

Must be sun spots, yes I did get your reply, I just got back on,hope everything goes well,have a great week end.