Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

91 ACCORD OBD PORT LOCATION

MY ENGINE KEEPS STALLING WHEN I TRY TURNING ON MY CAR WHILE IM DRIVING IT TURNS OFF I WENT TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP SO THEY CAN DIAGNOSE IT BUT HE COULD NOT FIND MY OBD PORT DOES A 91 ACCORD WAGON EVEN HAVE AN OBD PORT AND WERE EXACTCLY IS IT LOCATED AND DO I NEED TO CONVERT THE PUG OR ANYTHING

It's behind the right side of dash, above the kick panel.

Here is a diagram showing the general location.

graphic

If you have further questions on this, please feel free to reply.

If not, please click on Accept.

Thanks for asking!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
THE MECHANIC THAT WAS SUPPOSSED TO DIAGNOSTICS SAID THAT IT WASNT IT ITS A BLUE PLUG RIGHT

On 1990-95 Accord (except V-6) and 1992-95 Prelude, the codes are read from the check engine light after the two-wire service connector has been jumpered. On Accords, the service connector is under the dash on the passenger side.

Codes 1 through 9 are indicated by a series of short flashes; two-digit codes use a long flash for the first digit followed by the appropriate number of short flashes. For example, Code 14 would be indicated by 1 long flash followed by 4 short flashes. Codes are separated by a pause between displays. Multiple codes are transmitted in an alternating pattern. For example, a code 3 and 14 would be displayed as 3 short flashes (for Code 3) followed by the separator pause, then 1 long flash and 4 short flashes (for Code

• Use a jumper wOn 1990-95 Accord (except V-6) and 1992-95 Prelude, the codes are read from the check engine light after the two-wire service connector has been

• Turn the ignition switch ON; the check engine light will display any stored codes by rhythmic flashing.

•  

Click image to see an enlarged view
    On Accords, the service connector is located under the dash on the passenger side

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
    YEAH I THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME WIRE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT SINCE THE GUYS A MECHANIC I TAUGHT HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS SAYING TELLING ME SOMEONE CUT THE PORT ANYWAY THANX MAN I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Your very welcome!

Thanks for asking!