Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

gas station to put air into my tire it would just let air out

Customer Question

when i go to the gas station to put air into my tire it would just let air out
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 years ago.

Hello Chris here.

Either the pump which you used to fill your tire had a faulty nozzle or the valve stem on your wheel is internally faulty. I assume you tried a different gas station to verify it was not your car with the concern. If your sure the concern was your car. then you can replace the valve core. Go to auto zone or walmart and buy a new valve stem and a core removal tool. It is a very small 2 pronged round tip. You unscrew your core out of the valve stem and quickly install the core from the new valve stem which you need to have already removed. I recommend you do this somewhere where the is an air supply. Hold on tight, those cores are small and the air coming out can blow it out of your hands.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT. Please reply if further discussion is needed