vipertech763, auto technician
Experience:  ase certified technican. dodge, jeep and chyrsler gold certified. dodge viper certified

2002 pt cruiser: tcc..solenoid pack..the side [front] of the trans

Customer Question

my 2002 pt cruiser has a problem with the tcc solenoid. is this controled by the solenoid pack on the side [front] of the trans. or is it a seperate part. if so where is it located. im getting codes 700 and 740. i have rebuilt the solenoid pack with no luck. any info would be great.
Category: Car
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 9 years ago.
The recommendation for this code is to drop the trans pan and inspect for any debris. Look for anything that looks like coffee grinds, this is an indication of the torque converter clutches going bad. This is the most common reason for this code. Inspect it then let me know what you find and I will help you further.