Big Dave
Big Dave, Mechanical Engineering Degree
Experience:  Mechanical Engineering Degree

How do I remove the headlight assembly from a 97 Jeep Grand

Customer Question

I'm trying to install a new headlight and turn signal assembly, but I can't figure out, how to get the original out.
Category: Car
Expert:  Big Dave replied 9 years ago.

Autozone has some repair manuals online with free access. Lucky for you, the 1997 Jeep just happens to be one of them! If you click the link below, it will take you to information on replacing the turn signal assembly:

You may want to bookmark this link, as it will be useful for other repairs you want to do to your car... just choose the category in the drop down menu on the right and the list of topics will show beneath it.

If this helps, please click Accept so I may receive credit for my effort.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The link shows you how to remove a headlight from a Cherokee or the bulb from a Grand Cherokee, but I don't see where it tells me how to remove the headlight "assembly" from a "Grand Cherokee".
Expert:  Big Dave replied 9 years ago.

Apologies - thought you were talking about the turn signal assembly on the steering column. For headlight assembly removal, see if this link is what you are looking for:

(maybe you can use the Autozone link to fix other problems with the car!)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
We're getting close. I have a '97, the link is for '99 to '04. The headlights are different.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.