Sam C
Sam C, Technician/Shop Manager
Experience:  ASE Master, L1 Adv. performance, 25yrs experience, hi perf. specialty

Change the fuel pump on a 2004 nissan sentra ? is it easy ? hard ?

Customer Question

How do I change the fuel pump on a 2004 nissan sentra ? is it easy ? hard ? and is it cheap ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Sam C replied 9 years ago.

Hi there,

replacing the fuel pmp is relatively easy on your car. You pull the rear seat cushion and the access plate is right there. remove the plate and you can get to the fuel pump fittings. The labor manual calls for less than an hour for a tech to change it,so it would be relatively easy one for a person with some mechanical skills to replace. The price of the pump from the dealership is 427$ though, and this comes as a complete assembly with pump and sending unit. If you want to attempt it yourself let me know and I will post the complete instuctions for you.