Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic

1978 Pontiac Bonneville: door panel..drivers to lift..clips

Customer Question

I have a 1978 Pontiac Bonneville 2 door and need to know how the interior door panel drivers side is attached at the top of the door. I have all the screws out that I can visually see and everything is loose except I can't get it to lift up and off.
Do you know if there are any hidden screws or clips holding the top of the unit in place? I don't want to ruin it by pulling it too hard and ruining in because I know I will never find another one.
HELP!!! Please.
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 9 years ago.

Hello there,

If the window is rolled all the way down, and all of the plastic clips are released and the panel moves freely if you pull it away from the door, then it just lifts straight up, you just have to make sure when you are lifting it up, that the panel isnt binding from you pulling the panel to far away from the door frame, however, after age they become pretty stubborn, but there are no actual fasteners located on the top edge of the panel.

If you have further questions on this, please feel free to reply.

If not please click accept

Thanks for asking!