Steve, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs experience as a professional working technician; ASE L1 master technician

1998 LIncoln Navigator: 4WD..fuses..interior light..tail light

1998 LIncoln Navigator, 4WD, where are the fuses located for the interior light and tail light? Have to replace fuses and need to know exactly where they are.
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.

I have researched your question, and after poring through many pages of wiring diagrams have isolated the fuses involved in powering up the lighting circuits you asked about.

There are actually 4 fuse blocks on the vehicle, but the 2 you are concerned with are the power distribution block, which is located under the hood near the battery, and the power junction block, which is located under the dash on the driver;s side of the vehicle.

In the power distribution block under the hood, fuse #7 is involved in powering up the tail lamp circuits.

In the junction box under the dash, fuses # XXXXX 8 15, and 18 are involved in powering up interior lighting circuits including the GEM module (body control computer that runs the interior lighting).

I have posted for you below maps of the 2 fuse panels involved so you can see the exact locations of each of these fuses.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question; if so, please click my accept button to complete payment of the amount you have offered for assistance... thanks!