Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

06 Pontiac Grand Prix: w/3.8L non..supercharged..vehicle speed sensor

Customer Question

I am getting the code p0717 and p0716 from my '06 Pontiac Grand Prix w/3.8L non-supercharged, the dealer gave me the AC Delco part #213-3241 , but when I look up the part # XXXXX the internet it says vehicle speed sensor, is this right?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

The part you got does fit your model and engine. I am assuming it was diagnosed by the dealer. Your codes are for an input speed sensor and that what you have. You should be ok after it is installed and the codes are cleared. Installation of this part is very difficult and does require some special tools. It is located in the transmission valve body. There is a considerable amount of labor to get at it. I can send you details on installation if you would like.