Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The rear cylinders, bled the system..backing..rear brakes

I have replaced the rear cylinders, bled the system and replaced the shoes. and now I have no emergency brake. I have tried backing up and stopping numerous times and still have no emergency brake or rear brakes.

You need to adjust the adjusters to bring the pads out closer to the drums. Also with the wheels off the ground spin the tire and press the brakes and see if the brake shoes are moving out and making any contact. To adjust the adjusters use a flat head screwdriver or brake spoon.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (Moose)'s Post: There is no opening on the outside of this unit to reach the adjuster (like on a Ford). This GMC does not have an opening in line with the adjuster. How do I get to it?
You will have to remove the drum and adjust it out and place the drum back on. Do this a couple of times till the drum gets tighter when sliding it back on.