Sam C
Sam C, Technician/Shop Manager
Experience:  ASE Master, L1 Adv. performance, 25yrs experience, hi perf. specialty

1998 nissan altima: this once before but thought nothing of it

Customer Question

my 1998 nissan altima just cut off on me while driving.It however started back up again.It did this once before but thought nothing of it. Should I take any immediate action?
Category: Car
Expert:  Sam C replied 9 years ago.

Hi there

has the check engine light come on? was there any recent work done to it?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Sam C's Post: Yes the check engine light did come on the next day. The last work done to it was about 6 months ago when the alternator was replaced.
Expert:  Sam C replied 9 years ago.

Ok, we need to find out what turned on the light. go by a local auto parts store and have them scan the computer for codes. Places like autozone will do it for free, and let you know the code that turned the light on. once you know what it is, write it down and let us know what the code is. This will help greatly in diagnosing your car quickly and accurately

let me know what you find

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Will do and I will get back to you. Thanks