Jaxer Smith
Jaxer Smith, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 yrs experience and currently own and operate an Auto Repair Center

1998 Lincoln Continental: the cooling fan relay and cooling fan fuses

Where are the cooling fan relay and cooling fan fuses located on a 1998 Lincoln Continental?
Both of my colling fans do not come on and I am thinking that the relay and fuse my need to be replaced

Fuse #14 60 Amp fuse in power distribution box ( under hood ) .

3 possible relays , more than likely only the two for the fans as the other one is for the PCM.

There is a separate relay for low speed fan and one for the high speed fan.

Here is a link to the wiring diagram for the cooling fans on this vehicle :

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Jaxer Smith's Post: Where are the 2 relays located?
They are located in the same power distribution box as the fuses. Refer to your owners manual under fuses/relays for exact location. They are small square box looking and plug in on the same fuse/power distribution block located under the hood.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Sorry...I don't have an owners manual. I bought it used. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Without the manual it is difficult to locate as ford doesn't label the panel for some reason. You could test for power at each relay and remove the fuse ( fuse #14 60 Amp ) and see if you loose power, this should tell you which two relays are involved. They should be the same part number. Also, with a circuit protected power probe, you can apply power with the relay removed to see if the fan comes on( of course after suppling power straight to the fan motor to insure it works )

Example tool :