DuGan, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  shop owner 30 years / technician

How do you unlock a steering wheel without turning the key

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  DuGan replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The car is a '94 Chevy prism. I'm going to have to change the ignition, and I can't unscrew the screws to take off the covers without moving the steering wheel.
Expert:  DuGan replied 9 years ago.
To remove the steering wheel, you need to remove the airbag. If I'm not mistaken, those screws are on the side of the steering wheel. (two 30 torx screws), then you can remove the airbag adn have access to the steering wheel nut. (don;t forget to mark the shaft & wheel before you take the wheel off. It can go on in any postion so your wheel will be off if you don;t mark it.
let me know if we're on the right track here