Steve
Steve, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs experience as a professional working technician; ASE L1 master technician
157173

2001 CHEVY MALIBU: i remove the serpentine belt

Customer Question

How do i remove the serpentine belt from a 2001 CHEVY MALIBU WITH OUT DOING MAJOR MECHANIC JOB ?? DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE TO HELP ME REPLACE MY BELT ??
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 10 years ago.

Hello!

Replacing the serpentine belt on your maibu is a pretty easy repair, although on this model you do have to unbolt and remove the engine mount on the right fender area because the belt runs around it. There are no special tools or unusual skills required; I have posted the procedure for you below. I hope this is helpful and answers your question; if so, please click my accept button to complete payment of the amount you have offered for assistance.... thanks!

__________________________

1. Remove engine mount.
  2. Rotate the drive belt tensioner in a clockwise motion using a box end wrench.
  3. Remove the drive belt

graphic

________________

Expert:  Steve replied 10 years ago.

Greetings;

We have noticed that you have not yet accepted the answer I provided for your question. Please click the accept button to complete payment of the amount you have offered for assistance; if you still require help with this question, then please let me know.... thanks!