Dan, Automotive Management
Experience:  36 Plus Years of Direct Automotive Experience

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport: hood release wont budge...push on the hood

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport and the hood is stuck. The hood release won't budge. I had someone push on the hood and I pulled the release and still nothing. I tried getting in there from the grill but there is very little room there. Is there another release somewhere. I was told that on the 2000 Cherokee there is one behind the head light.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 9 years ago.

Normally when you push down on the hood and pull the release simultaneously it should open. If it does not I suggest you go to the nearest Auto Body repair shop and let them open it for you. This is a enclosed cable that runs from inside the vehicle to the middle of the hood. There is no other cables or devices in between. The shop may do it for nothing or just a small fee. It would be a lot easier to do that than to do damage which will cost a lot more.

Good Luck!