Sam C
Sam C, Technician/Shop Manager
Experience:  ASE Master, L1 Adv. performance, 25yrs experience, hi perf. specialty
3113681

Window washer fluid in your radiator reservoir instead of coolant

If you accidentally put window washer fluid in your radiator reservoir instead of coolant, what will happen if I start the car? Should I try to siphon off as much of the window washer fluid as possible. (It was about 8 ounces or less) HELP?

Hi there,

you can try to remove as much as possible, but half a pint of washer fluid would not cause any damage to the cooling system. if you have a wet and dry vacuum that would be idea to get it out so you wont get any in your mouth. most windshield washer formulas are mostly water anyway so in the event you have some left in the coolant bottle it will be diluted by the couple of gallons of engine coolant that is present. So rest easy, your new Camry will be just fine