cardoctor1989
cardoctor1989, auto mechanic
Experience:  ase master Tech, shop owner,17 years dealership training
2744361

My 1995 GMC Jimmy 4.3 Vortec engine stalls whenever it ...

My 1995 GMC Jimmy 4.3 Vortec engine stalls whenever it wants. Sometimes it won't start. It has a rebuilt engine, a new computer, anew spider, a new fuel pump and pulsator. We've change all the sensors we could find and yet stills will stall while driving. We could be doing 65 MPH and it will just stall. The guages are stable and we do have fuel pressure when we turn the key. This has been going on for over 8 months.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  cardoctor1989 replied 7 years ago.
coil or igntion module???
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess I forgot to mention that I changed the coil and checked out the ignition module.

Thanks
1- how did you check the module, and when it wont start, no spark or no fuel,when this happens
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry. I said we checked the module. Actually we changed it and it is new. When the car won't start we get spark and fuel pressure. It has gotten worse. When it used to not start, if you tried long enough it would eventually start. Now for about the last ten days it won't start at all. The strange thing is even with ether it won't start. Again it has spark and fuel. I just change the fuel pump again and the pulsator. It ran great out of the garage butafter we parked it, it hasn't started again.

Thanks
if it has fuel and spark when you cant start it, it cant!! it would run, you may have fuel pressure but is your injector(SPIDER) firing fuel, have someone crank engine over, and spray starting fluid in air intake, I bet it will start, now if you have spark, should start on starting fluid, then that tells you that you have a fuel delivery problem, now you have a fuel pressure gauge. and it tells you that you have fuel pressure, is good, then your spider is not firing, I have seen these aftermarket spidrs have problems, replace it under warrant if its been within a year, then when your in there, higher mileage trucks, the fuel supply tube on drivers side rubbs through high pressure fuel line and can cause a no start also, fuel leak under plenum, get the new injecotr on, then before you go back together, turn key on to build fuel pressure and check fuel lin es for holes, thanks for the question
cardoctor1989, auto mechanic
Experience: ase master Tech, shop owner,17 years dealership training