Steve, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs experience as a professional working technician; ASE L1 master technician

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.

The freezing point of the coolant varies according to what proportions of antifreeze and water there are in the coolant mixture. Also, teh boiling point changes with the antifreeze concentration.

Most vehicles require a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water for normal operating conditions.

If you look on the side of any antifreeze jug, it will have a chart printed there that shows the actual boiling and freezing points for different concentrations of that particular brand of antifreeze.

I hope this is helpful; if so, please click my acept button! Thanks!

Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.
I cannot help but notice that for some reason you have not yet accepted the answer I provided to your question; is there some way I can be of further assistance? If so, please let me know; if not, then please click my accept button to complete payment! Thanks!