joseph carrillo
joseph carrillo, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. certified auto electrical , engine performance , advanced engine performance, emmisions
2097715

Why is my car shaking while I am stopped and idleing

I drive a 2002 Mazda 626 (4 cyl., Automatic, 90,000 miles) and when I park my car or just come to a stop, my car begins to shake like it is struggling for gas, the shaking builds up, not always immediate. The more things I have running on my car, like A/C, air, lights, the more it shakes. To prevent the shaking, I typically put the car in neutral and give it gas to stop it from shaking, then drop it back in to drive when the light turns green. It shakes worse for A/C than just air. Shaking is worse after car warms up and is driven some.
Category: Car
Expert:  joseph carrillo replied 10 years ago.
I know what this is , but is the check engine light on ???
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to joseph carrillo's Post: Nope, it has never been on. This doesn't sound good....
actually its not a very expensive repair , but the idle air control valve needs to be replaced , the fact that it idles erraticly , and even worse with the ac on, its definitly the idle air control valve , seen it many times , just replace and youll be good