Rmldaytona
Rmldaytona, Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified. 13 years Automotive Experience.

2002 buick regal ls: I can not find a radiator drain..plug...hose

I have a 2002 buick regal ls 6 cycyliner and I can not find a radiator drain plug. I am not sure if it just has the radiotor hose to the bottom right or not. Can you help? I am trying to do a flush right now. I need to know how (start to finish) how to do my radiator flush.   Mike
Category: Car
Expert:  Rmldaytona replied 7 years ago.

Flushing

Coolant must be 50% water and 50% coolant.

Important: Do not use a chemical flush.

Store used coolant in a properly labeled container. Do not pour used coolant down a drain. Ethylene glycol antifreeze is a very toxic chemical. Do not dispose of coolant into the sewer system or ground water. This is illegal and ecologically unsound. Various methods and equipment can be used to flush the cooling system. If special equipment is used, such as a back flusher, follow the manufacturer's instruction.
When the cooling system becomes contaminated, the cooling system should be flushed thoroughly to remove the contaminants before the engine is seriously damaged.

1. Drain the cooling system.

graphic

1. Remove the coolant recovery reservoir.

graphic

1. Clean and flush the coolant recovery reservoir with clean, drinkable water.
  2. Install the coolant recovery reservoir.
  3. Follow the drain and fill procedure using only clean, drinkable water.
  4. Run the engine for 20 minutes.
  5. Stop the engine.
  6. Drain the cooling system.
  7. Repeat the procedure if necessary, until the fluid is nearly colorless.
  8. Fill the cooling system.

Other option is as follows.

1. Remove thermostat.

graphic

2. Remove lower radiator hose (one clamp is enough)

3. Flush engine with a water hose.

4 flush radiator with hose.

5 Remove and clean overflow.

Reinstall thermostat, lower hose and refill coolant. Check for leaks.

Rmldaytona, Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified. 13 years Automotive Experience.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to rmldaytona's Post: I have a 2002 buick regal ls 6 cycyliner and I can not find a radiator drain plug. I am not sure if it just has the radiotor hose to the bottom right or not. Can you help? I am trying to do a flush right now. I need to know how (start to finish) how to do my radiator flush.   Mike

Optional Information:
2002 Buick regal v6

Already Tried:
tried to find plug/drain. no where to be found. Where is it or is the drain the hose? How do I do a radiator flush start to finish on this car? where and how.
Customer(Online) -- 0 Accepts/1 Questions, Deposit Made!

I still don't know how or where to drain the antifreeze. I can't find the plug or hose to do this. Can you get specific with my vehicle? 2002 buick regal ls V6 3.8 L

The drain plug is on the driver's side of the radiator. It is on the bottom and on the engine side.

graphic

The lower radiator hose is positioned as indicated in the following image.

graphic

The previous post has full directions. These images and directions are specifically for your year, make and model. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.