Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.

My cassette player keeps ejecting cassettes. How can I fix that

I have a Honda CRV Ex with an in-dash CD player. I'm trying to play my iPod through a cassette adapter. When I insert the adapter, it won't seat fully and then ejects.
Category: Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.

Not unusual..... I hope you meant AM/FM CASSETTE with C.D.:
There is very minamal room for the Tape, let alone the Adapter with the wire. If you try to Force the Adapter, you may actually bend the Mechanism.
Also, some Tape Decks have Sensors on the Take Up Reels that require a Pull on the other Take Up Reel to let the Tape Player know there is a Tape in the Mechanism. If it does NOT Sense the Pull then it will try to Auto Reverse &/Or Eject.

Your best bet would be to get a FM Modulator that plugs into the Cigarette Lighter & your I-Pod. Sold at most 12 Volt Shops & Wal-Mart. This way it would work in virtually any Vehicle with a AM/FM Radio.....& will not cause problems with Tape Deck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Lurch's Post: I've been playing my iPod through the cassette adapter for years without trouble. The ejection stuff is new.
Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.
Does the Unit play regular Tapes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Lurch's Post: I just ran out and put a regular cassette tape in. It accepted the tape and played it. I then put in the adapter, and it accepted the adapter. Either it fixed itself or it will be cantankerous again later.
Expert:  Lurch replied 7 years ago.
You probably should Play a Tape at least 1 -2 times a Month to be sure the Belt & Take Up reels are still functioning correctly. The Adapter can cause problems if you don'tGlad to see you got it going..
Experience: Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.