Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
112340

how to wire headlights on an electric golf cart

Customer Question

how do i wire headlights in to an electric golf cart..you cant just wire into the - and+ it dont get power..we do i get the 12volt needed to power the lights
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 10 years ago.
I would suggest wiring it directly to the battery using a switch,fuse and a relay.It would be even better if you mounted a second battery to conserve the power for the electric motor that powers the cart.I don't know how you were trying to wire them in,I can tell you this much though with a headlight it doesn't matter what side is ground and what side is power.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: you cant just hook up th the battery their are 6 batterys making it a 48 volt system how do i do it to reduce it to twelve...not a good answer received
Expert:  Davo replied 10 years ago.
All you have to do is connect to the positive and negative of one battery.Not each end of the entire battery series.Just pick the one easiest to connect to.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: doent work like that its battery in the bank if tested is 48 volts it blows the bulbs out instantly..we are talking about a golf cart..i dont think you have the right answer