Fordanswerman, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Ford Engine Master/Transmission Master/Chassis Master=Ford Senior Master also Diesel 7.3/6.0

2002 f250 super duty: park..ive checked the 5 amp fuses..actuator

Customer Question

My 2002 f250 super duty is stuck in park. I've checked the 5 amp fuses which are good. Is there anyway to get around the actuator, or how difficult is it to replace?
Category: Car
Expert:  Fordanswerman replied 10 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Sounds like a brake switch concern. First see if you have brake lights. If not, then check the fuses to make sure none are blown, if that is ok, you will need to check the brake switch on the brake pedal to see if it is working. You will need a 12volt test light to check for power on both sides of the switch when applied, if you have power only on one side then it is a bad brake switch.

To bypass this feature to get it out of park, you will need to turn the key just before the run position and pull the lever into "N". Then start it and then drive.