Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Car shakes when pushing on the gas pedal

Customer Question

Recently my car started shaking a little bit. The next morning it seemed ok, but again that evening it started shaking, but this time a lot more and it was only when pushing on the gas. It stops when coasting, but now has gotten to the point that if I push the gas the whole car rattles terribly. I stopped driving it altogether to be safe, but am I ok to drive it to a mechanic and any idea what it possibly could be? The car is an 2003 Audi A4.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 10 years ago.
Sounds like bad tune up parts. They usualy go bad under a load like under accelleration. Very simple to do and very cheap. Very common! Good luck let me know!