GENE, Auto Service Technician

88 ford ranger: Oil pressure..lifters clicking or any knocking

88 ford ranger 2.9 L.
Oil pressure inconsistant, where is sending unit located? If not the sending unit, is inconsistancy a syptom of a pump going out? Cannot hear lifters clicking or any knocking, but I am as deaf as can be. Engine seems to run just fine even though pressure barely registers.
Category: Car
Expert:  GENE replied 10 years ago.
The oil pressure sending unit is located on the drivers side front of engine near the oil filter.To test the oil pressure,remove the sending unit,install a oil pressure gauge run engine to test.If the truck has good oil pressure at cold start and then gradually goes down as the engine warms up,suspect the engine bearing clearences being excessive.These engines are know for wearing the bearings out
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to GENE's Post: On this particular engine the oil filter is on the passenger side. Is it just above the spot where the filter housing is attached?
Expert:  GENE replied 10 years ago.
My computer says its on the drivers side,I just went out and looked at my sons 88 ranger and it is on the drivers side right in front of the motor mount