toyotaman, Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  ASE Master with L1 Advanced Engine Performance. Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician, 32 yrs Toyota

Fog coming from AC vents inside car

Customer Question

Hello, I have a strange problem with my 92 Lexus LS400. Sometimes, in fact, not very often, there is a fog or a mist coming out of my AC vents in the car. In don't know any other way to describe it other than that it is a fog/, mist, almost like what you see coming out of some home humidifiers. This fog does not smell funny (at least to me it didn't seem to) and would generally only last a few seconds and then quit.   Any ideas on what might be wrong? By the way, my antifreeze levels are fine.
Category: Car
Expert:  toyotaman replied 10 years ago.
This is actually normal, the a/c is working so well the evaporator is frosting up. This will happen if you have it set to max cool and the blower on low speed. It is actually better to control the temperature by raising the temperature control and not the lowering blower speed.