mrrowland1
mrrowland1, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  29 years experience Working Certified ASE Master /L1 (advanced engine pefromance) Technician
1769403

my engines car shakes when i turn on the air ...

Customer Question

my engines car shakes when i turn on the air conditioner
Category: Car
Expert:  mrrowland1 replied 10 years ago.
Does it only shake with the air on?How does it run without the air on?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to mrrowland1's Post: the entire car shakes but with the air conditioner on it shakes even more it all began about 3 weeks ago
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
When i drive the car with or without a/c the vehicle shakes
Expert:  Sparkybuoy replied 10 years ago.

When you turn the air on, does the engine speed increase, especially according to the tachometer?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Sparkybuoy's Post: when i turn on the car and the car is idle the tachometer stays consistent at about 1000 rpm's the car doesn't really shake until after a minute or two that it begins running with the a/c. If you were to be able to see my vehicle it is very noticeable that the entire engine shakes when idle.
When you turn the A/C on while it's already running, does the engine speed increase, especially according to the tachometer?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Sparkybuoy's Post: no it does not increase
I would check the simple stuff.Have you had any tuneup work done lately?If not,you might want to checkout the tune up items.Distributor cap,ignition rotor,spark plugs and plug wires.Sounds like you are overdue for a tune up.