Hammer Time
Hammer Time, L1 Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Mastertech with Adv level Engine performance cert.
201885

87 bronco: has a starting problem

my 87 bronco 5.0 has a starting problem. I have relpaced just about everything. when i try to start it, it just turns over. i pull the plugs out and they're wet with fuel. then i pull the inertia switch button out, which cuts off the fuel then try to start it, it seems like it wants to start but not getting enough fuel. what could be happening here?
How many miles in this truck?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Hammer Time's Post: 156,000

You need to start out with a fuel pressure gauge and seee if the fule pressure is not only at spec but does it hold pressure when shut off. If it doesn't hold pressure, you need to find out where it's going. Start out buy pulling the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator and checking for fuel in it indicating a leaking regulator.

If you find no fuel issue problems, take a comple compression test to determine the basic health of the engine.