JONATHAN
JONATHAN, JAGUAR/LAND ROVER SHOP FOREMAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN WITH L1 CERTIFICATION JAGUAR MASTER TECHNICIAN
1727602

my air conditioner is freezing up on the high pressure line

my air conditioner is freezing up on the high pressure line after the first 10 minutes... then it heats up inside the cab. my system is fully charged but the compressor wont turn off, and the clutch wont cylce. do I have a problem with my expansion valve or acumalator or a problem with my termastat... and low and high pressure switch... or could it be my cycle sensor switch.... by the way, where is my relay located ? and also my main switch does'nt turn the system off.... please help
WHATS THE YEAR AND MAKE OF THE VEHICLE...AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROLS OR MANUAL CONTROLS....
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: it's on a 2000 peterbuilt tractor truck
IF THE HIGH SIDE A/C LINE IS FREEZING UP THEN IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS A RESTRICTION IN LINE BEFORE THE PRESSURE HITS THE EXPANSION VALVE...HAS THIS TRUCK HAD ANY PRIOR REPAIRS DONE TO IT? CAN YOU SEE AT WHAT POINT THE LINE FREEZES...THAT PROBABLY IS THE POINT OF THE RESTRICTION
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: it freezes up right from the outside of cab high pressure line all the way to the acumalator... so I guess the line freezes come out from the evaporator..... so would this problem effect all the sensors , thermastat, cycle switch...?
YES IT WOULD EFFECT EVERYTHING THAT LOOKS AT PRESSURE OR TEMPERATURE....HAVE YOU TRIED ANOTHER EXPANSION VALVE? FROM YOUR LATEST DESCRIPTION OF WHERE THE FREEZE OVER IS IT HAS TO BE IN THAT GENERAL AREA....I WOULD TRY THAT FIRST...EXPANSION VALVES ARE KNOW TO STICK INSIDE....
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: the expansion vavle has never been changed, but that wuould explain the other problems im having with the sensors and termastat..... would the expansion valve effect the main swith on the dash... because that does not turn off as well.... ?
PROBABLY NOT...BUT I WOULD NEED TO CALL IN FAVOR FROM ONE OF MY FRIEND'S AT TOM'S TRUCK TO GET A WIRING DIAGRAM TO BE SURE...WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT UNTIL MONDAY