Tim Basham
Tim Basham, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  30 year multi line tech ASE cert master tech ASE engine machinist. Specializing in 4WD +++
745518

olds silhouette: passenger side..engine mount strut..two screws

olds silhouette 2000, passenger side right engine mount strut,removed two screws,dealer said it only has two, used hammer, heat can't move it, help!
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Basham replied 10 years ago.

this is the mount your trying to remove correct? Did both the bolts come out all the way or are the frozen in the holes and this is the problem. Sometimes the bracket on core support will have to be removed also it has 2 bolts from on top and 2 bolts that come from the front.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Tim Basham's Post: this answer does not refer to the strut I'm having trouble with. The strut I'm having trouble with is a large strut that mount to the engine, upper right side and it's frozen to the motor and it's mounted a half moon around the exhaust manifold.
Below is a picture of engine to help me verify what your working with. If its the Black engine mount strut bracket then there is several bolts down lower into engine block and also a head bolt thats a pin stud that is slides onto. Sometimes the pin stud seizes up and you have to get all the bolts out and twist bracket slighty and pry up to get it off the stud.