Michael, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  21yrs.Foreign and domestic driveability diagnosis and repair/ ASE Cert./Fuel Injection Specialist.

My car radio cuts out while driving and goes to a skipping sound?

My car radio cuts out while driving and goes to a "skipping" sound?
Category: Car
Expert:  Michael replied 10 years ago.
Is this a stock radio?Does it cut out just while listening to AM/FM or Tape?CD?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Michael's Post: Ive never tried to play a tape. Its an older radio. It works good when I start it up and when I start driving then it cuts out and starts to make a noise like a record skipping or clicking noise. I will probably replace the radio but really wanting to know if there is more to the ploblem so same thing doesnt happen to new one. thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 10 years ago.
OK this is very symptomatic of a loose antenna in the back of the radio.If you post the exact Year/Make/Model I can try to find the radio R&R for you and post the instructions.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Michael's Post: Car is being painted should be back early next week. I'll try the ant. wire if not I'll post make model thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 10 years ago.

You'll know right away by just wiggling it with radio on.

Please don't forget to click my ACCEPT Button if my answer is helpful.I do not recieve a small portion of your deposit or offer unless you click my ACCEPT button.I receive a larger percentage of a Bonus than I do of the question value.So bonuses are GREATLY appreciated.So if I was of any help at all here, please return and click my Accept button or I receive nothing for trying to help you out.Thanx,Michael.